Location: North West Bristol, BS10
Pay: NJC 11-17 £21,748 – 24,491 (pro-rata £18,932 – £21,320).
HOURS: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term time only).
At Bristol Free School, we are committed to the young people in our care. Our commitment encourages and inspires every child to fulfil their potential, we provide our students with the necessary skills to achieve academic and personal growth so they truly thrive, both socially and emotionally. We are excited to be advertising for Cover Supervisor to undertake work, care and support to students; supervising whole classes during the short- term absence of teachers.
Do you enjoy working with students from diverse backgrounds? Are you looking to become part of a supportive and inclusive team? At BFS we have a team of dedicated people who are all working together to support our students. Our school is a vibrant community and a highly rewarding place to work. This role is working 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday) permanent contract paying between £21,748 – 24,491 (pro-rata £18,932 – £21,320). dependant on experience.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supervise and support students: including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities. To use classroom/teaching skills/training/experience to support students; promote positive values, attitudes good student behaviour and health and safety, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage students to take responsibility for their own behaviour
• Manage behaviour of students: to ensure an appropriate learning environment which is purposeful, orderly and productive including
o completing electronic registers for registrations and every class;
o dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures;
o collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher;
o rewarding students, where appropriate, in accordance with school procedures;
• Support the inclusive ethos of the School: being aware of and complying with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Previous experience within a similar role
• Ability to manage own time effectively
• Ability to operate as part of a team or individually as required.
• Excellent communicator who is patient, flexible and adaptable.
What we offer
Being part of BFS means living our values of community, ambition and opportunity. We want our young people to leave BFS with confidence and a strong belief that they can make the best of their life chances and be positive citizens with a strong moral compass. We all have the potential to support to shape our school and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
The successful candidate can expect:
- A rewarding and dynamic job role making a real, lasting and positive impact on our school community
- Positive and inclusive working environment where well-being is central to our culture
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
- Career development, CPD courses
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free parking onsite
BFS celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, then please apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
If offered the post, appropriate checks will be carried out prior to your start date. These checks will include (but are not limited to) a full DBS check.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.