COVER SUPERVISOR : Permanent
Grade 5 points 11 – 14 : FTE £22,183 - £24,491 (actual salary £16,736.28)
32.5 hours per week, working 8.15 am - 3.45 pm, 39 weeks per year.
Odyssey Educational Trust (Humberstone Infant Academy) is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and hard working Cover Supervisor. You will be required to cover classes throughout the primary phase, ensuring that pupils’ learning and development is continued and maintained.
The successful candidate will:-
• Be qualified to at least NVQ Level 3 or equivalent and have good experience of working with children in a school environment.
• Be actively supportive of the ethos, vision and values of the school.
• Have high expectations and a commitment to securing good pupil outcomes.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with children, staff and parents/carers alike to foster positive professional relationships.
• Have a proven track record of supporting children to make good or better progress
• Is able to support and motivate individual or groups of pupils
• Is able to participate in record keeping
• Be dedicated to your own professional development.
In return we can offer you:-
• A commitment to CPD and leadership for all, through both the school and the trust network
• A strong team ethos and a commitment to staff wellbeing
• A unique learning environment, reflecting our commitment to creative learning
• The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and friendly team of staff
If you would like to be our newest member of our friendly team we would love to hear from you. Applicants are welcome to visit the school for an informal visit. Please make arrangements by contacting Jenny Gallacher, PA. on 0116_2767648.
Closing date: Wednesday 8th December 2021 @ 9.00 am
Interview date: Monday 13th December 2021
Applications should be make using the Trust application form. CV’s will not be accepted.
The Odyssey Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Please read our Safeguarding and Child Protection policy on our website; https://www.odysseyeducationaltrust.co.uk/about-3
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure and pre-employment checks.
It is an offence to apply for a role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
The amendments to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) provides that when applying for certain jobs and activities, certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’. This means that they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website.