Contract: Fixed term | Term Time + 1 week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: UQ1 – UQ6 (actual salary £18,169 - £28,735 – dependent on experience)
We are seeking to appoint a cover teacher who will be responsible for the supervision of whole classes during short-term absences of class teachers under the guidance of teaching/senior staff. This will involve the delivery of pre-prepared exercises, managing student behaviour and assisting students in relevant activities in line with school policies and procedures. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the classroom, providing a route into teaching.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is highly committed to our students and success. We are looking for someone who will show flexibility, reliability, resilience and will have excellent organisational skills as well as the ability to motivate others and lead by example.
The ideal candidate will:
- be self-motivated, organised and flexible;
- be enthusiastic and passionate about learning;
- have the ability to adapt and deliver exercises in a broad range of subjects, often at short notice;
- have the ability to manage student behaviour using the relevant rewards/sanctions;
- understand and follow the principles and values underpinning the safeguarding of young people
Orchard Mead Academy is a culturally diverse comprehensive school with approximately 1200 students situated in the North East of Leicester and is part of The Mead Educational Trust (TMET). The Trust is a growing partnership of primary and secondary schools situated in the East Midlands. It provides its academies access to a world-class education network and staff with an employer providing high quality professional development. We are committed to ensuring each Academy enables every pupil to achieve the very best. We believe that together we make a positive difference.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this post, please complete the application form online.
Please see the documents listed below, which may assist you in making your application:
- Applicant pack
- Job description
- Application and Recruitment Process document
Closing date: Monday 6th June 2022, 9am
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Equal opportunities and equal value for staff and students, and prevention of discrimination in its many forms.
NO AGENCIES OR CVs PLEASE
Orchard Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.