Job Role: Cover Supervisor
Job Type: FTC, Term Time plus 1 week (39 weeks per year)
Hours: 37 per week
Actual Basic Annual Salary : H4 / SCP 6: £17,164 gross basic annual salary, plus £783 gross annual fringe allowance
We are part of Future Academies Multi-Academy Trust (MAT), and share their high standards of excellence.
We offer a rich and stimulating education comprised of a knowledge-rich curriculum, diverse cultural and extracurricular opportunities, and a strong pastoral support system. All children are welcomed in our inclusive community, and all are challenged to be the best they can be.
With the support of our sponsors, Future, we are able to engage with the best teachers, the best universities and a wide range of the most prominent employers in the country to ensure that all our children are equipped with the knowledge and desire to be the best in whatever path they wish to follow. This ethos is embodied in our Trust values (Knowledge, Aspiration, and Respect) and in our school motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education).
Future Academies is seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the role of Cover Supervisor at The Grange Academy.
The Grange Academy has incredible facilities and combined with our expert approach to teaching and learning reflect a unique fusion of the traditional and the modern. We believe that all children should have access to the best things that have been thought and said.
We have the highest aspirations for our students regardless of their starting points or backgrounds, and we foster a climate of resilience and perseverance in which academic success is always celebrated.
We provide a school where aspiration, dynamism and the highest standards of learning are intertwined with manners, respect and, above all, kindness.
The Role (for full details please see attached Job Description)
Working as part of a team, providing cover supervision and the facilitation of learning by supervising students for absent teaching staff and undertaking non-teaching duties during non-cover lessons, the responsibilities include:.
- To cover lessons for teaching staff who are absent or otherwise occupied. Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- To communicate and adapt as necessary work for students as set out by the classroom teacher and effectively manage classroom organisation, actively supporting students in the learning environment.
- To encourage good behaviour, ensure a purposeful working atmosphere in the classroom and motivate students to finish tasks. Setting and seeing through the application of sanctions as and when necessary.
- To support with additional duties, including supervising study sessions, supporting exams process, covering duties, covering detentions.
The requirements for the role (for full details please see attached Job Description)
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience (desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication (essential)
- Highly organised and adaptable, responding to changing requirements (essential)
- Experienced in delivering lessons (desirable)
As an educational Trust, Future Academies is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people. Therefore, the Trust expects all members of staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. To this end, both an ‘Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service’ check and a ‘Barred List’ check will be required for this role.
The Grange Academy is part of Future Academies which is an educational charity and multi-academy trust. It is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people. Therefore, the Trust expects all members of staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. To this end, both an ‘Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service’ check and a ‘Barred List’ check will be required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.