We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative, tenacious cover supervisor to join our highly successful team of mutually supportive colleagues whose shared purpose is to inspire and challenge all pupils at Sir Jonathan North College. This role would be ideal for a highly organized, flexible and resilient person who can adapt quickly/ challenge and support learners of all ages in a range of skills/ be able to adapt to and deliver the plans of a wide range of other teachers/ will do their all to ensure learners of all abilities make progress in all lessons, enjoy their learning and feel happy and safe/ reach the high expectations of our school.
JOB TITLE: Cover Supervisor
HOURS: Required to work 8.00 am – 3.00 pm 32.5 hours per week (38 weeks term time plus 5 training days) with 30 minutes unpaid lunch break.
SALARY: Grade 7 point 11-14
RESPONSIBLE TO: Teacher responsible for staff cover
CLOSING DATE: 06/06/2022
INTERVIEW DATE: w/c 13/06/2022
JOB PUPOSE: To work with classes of students in the absence of teaching staff to ensure that work set by teaching staff is complete and behaviour is appropriate. To ensure the safety of all students.
This post is eligible for a DBS check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (i.e. it involves certain activities in relation to children and/or adults) and is defined as a regulated activity under Part 1 of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006.
This post is designated as a regulated activity and requires enhanced criminal record check (including a barred list check)
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide active supervision to an assigned class during lesson time in the absence of the class teacher.
- To communicate the work set by the class teacher to students, and to ensure they are aware of the teacher’s expectations and that the work is completed.
- To motivate students to complete tasks set by the class teacher and to encourage them to interact and work co-operatively to ensure engagement on the task set.
- To support individual students as required, to allow them to complete the work set.
- To manage the behaviour of students and implement effectively the College’s Behaviour Policy to promote and maintain a calm working environment.
- To liaise with teaching staff regarding the work set for classes, including providing feedback on work completed and returning work/resources where required.
- To ensure the health, safety and welfare of students at all times within the classroom and College.
- To carry out other duties such as invigilation, student support, first aid and administrative support, accompanying teaching staff and students on an educational visits as may reasonably be required by the Principal.
- To undertake a ‘duty’ as part of the College’s duty system.
- To attend staff training as required.
- To be aware that all staff are responsible for the safeguarding and promoting of the welfare of children.
Sir Jonathan North and the Lionheart Educational Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.