Notre Dame School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Cover Supervisor to join our highly successful team. The role will involve providing classroom cover, implementing set work, monitoring pupils and providing feedback to teachers.
• To cover lessons and / or duties as directed by the Head or other members of SLT or the cover manager
• Educated to GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English (Grade C or higher, or equivalent)
• To maintain good order during cover lessons
• To ensure the work set by the teacher is assigned to the students
• To collect work done at the end of the lesson and to return it to the relevant teacher
• To register each class electronically
• When not required for cover, and during any quiet times while covering, to undertake admin tasks as directed by SLT or the cover manager (for example letters, copying, data inputting, manage calendars)
• To occasionally assign staff for cover if the cover manager is not in school
Hours: 8.30am - 1.30pm, Monday - Friday (Term time only, 35 weeks per year)
Start date: January 2021
Notre Dame School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a completed application as soon as possible. The School reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date, if a suitable candidate presents themself.