COVER TEACHER—MPS + SEN1
Starting 25th August 2022
We are looking to appoint an inspirational full-time cover teacher to join us at Ellesmere College.
This post is to cover maternity for at least two terms, initially based in our primary department on the Aylestone Meadows site, with the potential move to work across other departments.
Candidates will need the following experience and qualities:-
- Experience of teaching at a special school setting (desirable)
- Evidence of being an excellent classroom teacher (essential)
- Ambition to teach special education to the highest level (essential)
Ellesmere College is a large, aspirational special school located in the City of Leicester
Ellesmere College provides education for up to 426 children and young people, from 4 to 19 years, with a range of moderate to complex learning difficulties.
This is a very exciting time for Ellesmere College as we are expanding from 2 sites to 3 sites across the city. Our new sites will provide bespoke educational opportunities for our Post-16 students and our students with the most complex needs, in particular those with communication and interaction difficulties including complex autism.
We are continuing to seek inspirational, flexible, enthusiastic, committed and self motivated staff who have an innovative and creative approach to their teaching which ensures children and young people who have a range of special educational needs achieve the best possible learning outcomes. We are looking for the best as we continue our journey towards outstanding.
- Is a supportive and friendly environment committed to staff and student wellbeing.
- Offers a high quality professional development programme.
- Has a committed and enthusiastic staff and governor team.
- Is a school where partnerships with home and other agencies are seen as vital in supporting individual students to achieve their full potential.
- Is a place where excellence is the norm.
Closing Date for Applications: 10th June 2022 at 9am
Interview Date: 21st June 2022
How to Apply: Through the E-teach web-site. Please also submit a supporting letter of no more than 2 sides of A4, explaining why you are the right person for the post.
Ellesmere College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to adhere to this commitment. Applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.