Caring Professions & Educational Practice Lecturer
Up to £34,500 per annum FTE
Permanent, full time
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join our friendly Caring Professions department as a Lecturer. We’re looking for creative and innovative colleagues who develop captivating resources you deliver in an enthusiastic and inspirational manner. We need people excited by team-teaching, developing and delivering engaging schemes of work that blend practical and theoretical learning approaches. You will have real passion for the industry and the motivation to ensure our students exceed.
About Swindon College
We are incredibly excited about progressing a merger with New College, Swindon from August 2020 which will extend the opportunities for our learners and staff cohort. It’s a great time to join us!
Our top priority is the wellbeing of our community. We are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are continuing to follow the latest Government advice. To keep everyone as safe as possible, we have adjusted our recruitment process so all face-to-face interviews or assessments will now be conducted via conference video. We will undertake an initial screening interview with you to help explain the role, our campus and to assess your potential fit.
Please be aware that initially, in the main this role will require working from home.
Working from home we’ll make sure you stay connected through and beyond your induction, via regular video team meetings, sessions with your mentor or learning coach and access to any support you may need from day one.
What you’ll have:
• Recent industry experience and recent work within a Health & Social Care setting,
• Experience of teaching, training or mentoring learners,
• The ability to evaluate, assess and give feedback, and
• A Level 5 Teaching Qualification (or the commitment to gain this qualification),
• Degree (or equivalent) in Health & Social Care or related subject,
• An NHS Pin No, and
• A level 2 English and Maths qualification (or equivalent), or the willingness to secure these as you work.
• Self-directed highly flexible working hours to support your work/life balance
• Access to the market leading Teacher Pension Scheme
• 47 days annual leave (inclusive of discretionary and bank holidays)
• Wellbeing support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform
Closing date: 17th June 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Swindon College is committed to the advancement of Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly), the elimination of discrimination and the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community