To work within marketing, producing high quality brand materials, content, marketing and publicity materials for Telford College.
To work within a team to design and layout material and provide layout/design solutions, according to a given brief, for a range of materials, including prospectuses, advertisements, fliers, booklets, posters, exhibition materials, diagrams, presentations and digital designs, to deliver and/or support with photos and video.
The post involves working within a team and in close liaison with marketing staff and stakeholders. The job involves design work, layout, applying corrections, and preparing artwork for print, both in house and with external print suppliers.
Main duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will be expected to:
• Be the College’s lead for the brand in line with guidelines both internally and externally.
• To carry our regular brand audits across the organisation.
• Provide accurate brand, creative, content and design services to Telford College staff, departments and external partners.
• Produce artwork and content for print and liaise with suppliers.
• Design and advise on College publications and online.
• Liaise with internal and external printers, copywriters, photographers, website designers, marketing specialists and college staff.
• Contribute and advise on artwork and production for design briefs.
• Develop creative ideas and concepts in line with best practice and innovation whilst considering cost effectiveness.
• Produce graphic design work for leaflets, posters, display banners, advertisements and other promotional materials as required.
• Lead and support with photography and video production in-house and with suppliers.
• Organise the printing of leaflets, posters and other promotional materials, internally or externally as appropriate as supported by the marketing team.
• Maintain and be responsible for the efficient filing/back up system for storage of artwork and design, including work which may be produced by students against corporate briefs.
• Support the running of the College’s social media, content management system and website as and when required.
• Manage multiple tasks and effectively time managing projects in regard to workload priorities.
• Work to tight deadlines by managing time effectively.
• Work and support marketing and College events where required.
• Work flexibly and support the work of the marketing team as required while ensuring that the core duties as outlined above are maintained.
• Contribute to the development of ILT for the benefit of the College and its service users.
Conditions of Appointment
All Appointments to the College are subject to:
• Verification of relevant qualifications
• Receipt of references considered suitable by the College
• Verification that you are legally permitted to work in the United Kingdom
• Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Checks
The College’s policy is to have an enhanced disclosure check for all posts. As an organisation using the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) to assess applicants’ suitability for positions of trust, the College complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. It undertakes not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of conviction or other information revealed. The College has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders which is available from Human Resources.
Equality and Diversity
The College is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
The College welcomes applications from persons with disabilities and will interview any person with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role as outlined in the person specification.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.