Salary: £18,354 to £20,055
Contract: Permanent, 37 hours per week.
Location: South Bristol Skills Academy
What will you be doing?
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive credit controller. We are looking for someone with experience in credit control and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with Colleagues, Students and Stakeholders both internally and externally.
The role will involve:
• Contacting businesses and students to arrange timely collections to control and reduce debt to set targets
• Cash allocations - obtaining remittances and correctly allocating the funds received on a daily basis
• Risk analysis on disputed invoices
• Resolving any disputed invoices
• Build and maintain close working relationships with our HE, FE and apprenticeship teams
• Preparing statements and month end reports
• Raise invoices
• Cover in the finance team
The ideal Credit Controller will possess the following attributes/skills:
• Able to work well within a dynamic team
• Strong excel skills
• Previous credit control experience, including collecting debts from individuals as well as businesses
• Great communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Proven track record of reducing debt
Please see the Job Description for more details about the role.
What we offer
- A generous holiday entitlement of 26 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 16.1 %
- As well as a range of staff support packages. Click here to see the full list of staff benefits.
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level.
We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the college can be found here.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
Please see our Job Description, Person Specification, Conditions of Service and Applicant information for more information.
Closing date: 30th September 2020 (midnight)
Interview date: 12th October 2020
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Further information will be sent to all prospective staff as part of the application process.