Curriculum Area Lead for Humanities (Head of History Department/History Teacher)
Required September 2021
Full time, Salary MPS/UPS + TLR2b
We are looking for an enthusiastic and well-qualified colleague to lead our high-performing Humanities department, as Curriculum Area Lead, and as Head of Department for History. It is an exciting opportunity to provide leadership for our developing History team and bring together a faculty, which already has excellent leadership in Geography and RE (at a Head of Department level). The Curriculum Area Lead will have overall responsibility for all three strands of the Humanities department.
* Are committed to excellent pupil attainment and achievement in Humanities
* Enjoy accountability for pupil progress and development within Humanities
* Enjoy enhancing the teaching practice of department staff
* Are committed to ensuring provisions of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and
differentiated curriculum for all pupils studying within the Humanities department.
* Enjoy the challenge of accountability for the leadership, management and development of
We can offer you:
* Pupils who are well behaved and enthusiastic
* A wonderful community environment with supportive colleagues
* Great CPD opportunities in a progressive environment
* A whole school commitment to ensuring the best for our staff and pupils
* Career progression through Teaching School and alliance links
Informal enquiries/telephone/Zoom conversations are encouraged.
Please contact Mrs Amy Page, Deputy Headteacher
Closing date: 9.00 a.m. Monday 8th March 2021 Interviews: w/c 15th March 2021
Studley High School is an outstanding academy with an excellent track record in pupil achievement. We are a relatively small school of 800 pupils aged 11-16, which helps maintain our community atmosphere based on strong relationships. Studley High School enjoys an excellent reputation and benefits from responsive students supported by positive and caring staff.
The school aims to ensure all stakeholders are safe, secure and enjoy learning and activities at Studley High School and in the wider
community. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
The Governing Body is committed to equal opportunities.