Curriculum Co-ordinator, Adult Community Learning
Salary: £31,369 p.a. pro rata
18.5 hours per week - 0.5 FTE
Swindon Borough Council (SBC) Adult Community Learning team are looking for an experienced tutor or teacher for this exciting new part-time Curriculum Coordinator position. Our adult courses are delivered in community and town centre settings, often close to where our learners live, and we deliver to circa 700 learners a year. During 2018-19 we have transitioned from fully subcontracted provision in early 2018 to now employing a team of tutors. This academic year we aim to deliver 80% and subcontract 20% of our provision. This new post will have line management of our tutors and be responsible for coordinating the planning and implementation of our courses, working with others in our team, internal and external stakeholders and partners.
The purpose of this role is to:
• Coordinate the delivery of an innovative programme of outreach provision in partnership with community organisations, within budget and which meets the needs of local residents and partner organisations in the community.
• Widen participation in adult learning by identifying new partners, talking to stakeholders and implementing a community engagement strategy to increase learner recruitment
• Ensure learners are provided with an excellent learner experience and high quality teaching and learning in line with our curriculum aims and to ensure the continuous quality improvement of the provision.
• Coordinate staffing and resources and line manage a number of academic staff.
• Support the Manager of Adult Community Learning (ACL) in providing leadership and management of the curriculum in line with local and national priorities.
SBC Adult Community Learning (ACL) Plan 2018-21 was established to identify and meet the local skills needs of our priority groups. Increasingly we are working with SBC internal teams such as Housing, SEND, Care Leavers, Adult Social Care and our Supported Employment provision. Our engaging and progressive curriculum has been informed by our needs assessment and ongoing dialogue with partners and stakeholders. We operate within the SBC Employment, Skills and Lifelong Learning team.
Working within a small team with a number of other part time workers you will need good knowledge and experience of implementing education, skills and employment policy, funding and services.
This role is 18.5 hours per week.
Candidates must be fluent in the English language (as a requirement of Part 7 of the Immigration Act – for the effective performance of a customer-facing role). This role is subject to a disclosure check under the barring service.
Closing date: 10 September 2019
Interview date: 18 September 2019
To apply, please click the apply button.
Swindon Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.