A compelling and distinctive opportunity to be part of the founding team of staff at Brook Mead Academy: help shape the future of Leicester’s newest secondary school.
Curriculum Leader, Science to start September 2021 Leadership Pay Scale points 4-7.
The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a family of ten primary and secondary schools all based in Leicester. Together, we seek to Make A Positive Difference to the lives of the children attending our schools. Brook Mead Academy will be the newest school in TMET, following on from the successful opening of Castle Mead Academy in September 2020. Brook Mead will build on the outstanding provision enjoyed at our flagship secondary academy, Rushey Mead Academy, which far exceeds national averages for progress and attainment, placing it year after year in the top 5% of schools nationally.
We know that education has the power to transform lives. At Brook Mead, we will be Building Better Futures Together! Staff and pupils will unite in a mission to excel and secure the best possible future for each pupil by laying the foundations for high academic achievement and all-round personal development.
We believe that knowledge is power and access to powerful knowledge is the right of every child. We are looking for subject enthusiasts and experts ready to take our pupils on an exciting journey through their subject, ensuring our pupils leave with a treasure trove of knowledge and skills which will be theirs forever to use for the betterment of themselves and the world. If you love your subject and want to craft afresh a beautiful and powerful journey through it for our pupils, then we would love to hear from you!
• This is a unique opportunity to join a founding team to shape a brand-new school. You will join a small and select cadre of leaders who will lay the foundations for a truly special and distinctive school.
• Each curriculum leader will be able to craft their curriculum afresh, building it year on year, designing out tired, distorted and frustrating accumulations of practice to reveal rich, intelligent and elegant ways of working.
• Curriculum will be king with the discipline of each subject respected and fostered so that pupils really can benefit from the best thought, said and created in every field of human endeavour.
• Professional learning and coaching will be available to all and within the school day, underpinned by the Instructional Coaching framework so there is every opportunity to grow as a leader and teacher.
• Staff wellbeing will be a priority with constant vigilance around workloads.
• As part of The Mead Educational Trust, you will be able to work with esteemed colleagues at Castle Mead, Rushey Mead and Orchard Mead, as well as colleagues in our primary schools.
• Practice will be research informed in every area of work and we will focus on a few key priorities rather than be seduced by gimmicks and quick fixes.
Join us to be build better futures!
Closing Date: Thursday 14th January 2021 at 12.00 noon
Interviews: January - February 2021
Position Start Date: August 2021
Salary: Leadership Pay Scale points 4-7
Application Pack, Curriculum Leader, Brook Mead Academy
Job Description and Person Specification, Curriculum Leader, Brook Mead Academy
Brook Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.