In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
We are looking for a Curriculum Leader within our Business & Tourism department.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring teacher with an appropriate subject qualification and experience of teaching Business & Tourism. You will have an innovative and dynamic approach to delivering the subject, as well as a good understanding of what is required to achieve the highest quality. You will not only be an outstanding teacher but you will have the ability to lead and co-ordinate others.
You will need to demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity towards a variety of learner needs and support the delivery team with a range of innovative teaching approaches to enable learners to reach their full potential within Business & Tourism.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver a flexible and innovative curriculum that is responsive to feedback from current learners and anticipates
likely changes in demand from future learners.
• Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area.
• Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff within the course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS).
• A proven record of delivering teaching and learning to a consistently high standard.
• Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of current teaching practice within the curriculum area.
• Experience of delivering dynamic and interactive remote learning via online platforms such as MS Teams and
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
• Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
• 37 Days annual Leave (plus bank holidays and a 2 week Christmas closure period)
The closing date for completed applications is Sunday 12 July 2020
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Newcastle-under-Lyme College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.