Curriculum Leader of Mathematics
Full time - Permanent
MPR/UPR plus TLR 1b
Required from January 2022
Tor Bridge High in Plymouth, rated Good by Ofsted in March 2018, was described as having ‘an open and positive school culture’, ‘where pupils of different ages happily co-exist’ and is a thriving oversubscribed school.
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, dynamic and skilled teacher to join our School to lead the Mathematics curriculum area.
Your passion and enthusiasm for Mathematics will be central to you inspiring and motivating our students to enjoy and achieve in Mathematics and to build upon its existing popularity. We seek a committed individual with specialist knowledge to develop our curriculum and to promote and embed high quality classroom practice, as well as a leader with the interpersonal skills to influence and develop colleagues to deliver excellent quality teaching for every student.
• are an outstanding classroom practitioner and are passionate about outstanding teaching and learning;
• have the ability to inspire young people;
• are determined to support young people to enjoy learning and make good progress in Mathematics;
• are innovative, hardworking and an excellent practitioner;
• have proven success in raising achievement;
• are an excellent team player, looking for a role in leading a well-resourced, specialist maths team;
• have strong leadership and management skills, ensuring high quality performance of others;
• are committed to developing colleagues through encouragement, performance management and providing opportunities;
• are keen to join a school where you will be well supported and encouraged to develop professionally;
then we would be delighted to hear from you. An information pack and application form is available from the School website. For further information or to arrange a visit please contact Reception or email the school - details can be found on the school website.
Closing date: noon on 4th October 2021
Interviews: Friday 8th October 2021
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Tor Bridge High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.