A compelling and distinctive opportunity to join the founding team of staff at Brook Mead Academy: help shape the future of Leicester’s newest secondary school.
Curriculum Leader, Mathematics to start late August 2022 Leadership Pay Scale points 4-7.
The Mead Educational Trust (TMET) is a family of thirteen primary and secondary schools all based in Leicester. Together, we seek to Make A Positive Difference to the lives of the children attending our schools. Brook Mead Academy is the newest school in TMET, following on from the successful opening of Castle Mead Academy in September 2019. Brook Mead also draws on the outstanding provision enjoyed at our flagship secondary academy, Rushey Mead Academy, which far exceeds national averages for progress and attainment, placing it year after year in the top 5% of schools nationally.
We know that education has the power to transform lives. At Brook Mead, we are Building Better Futures Together! Staff are united in a mission to excel and secure the best possible future for each scholar by laying the foundations for high academic achievement and all-round personal development.
We believe that knowledge is power and access to powerful knowledge is the right of every child. We are looking for subject enthusiasts and experts ready to take our scholars on an exciting journey through their subject, ensuring our scholars leave with a treasure trove of knowledge and skills which will be theirs forever to use for the betterment of themselves and the world. If you love your subject and want to craft afresh a beautiful and powerful journey through it for our scholars, then we would love to hear from you!
• This is a unique opportunity to join a founding team to shape a brand-new school. You will join a small and select cadre of leaders who are laying the foundations for a truly special and distinctive school.
• There will be the opportunity to enact the highly successful TMET maths curriculum and collaborate with colleagues to further develop it.
• Curriculum is king with the discipline of each subject respected and fostered so that scholars really can benefit from the best thought, said and created in every field of human endeavour.
• Professional learning and coaching are available to all and within the school day, underpinned by the Instructional Coaching framework so there is every opportunity to grow as a leader and teacher.
• Staff wellbeing is a priority with constant vigilance around workloads.
• As part of The Mead Educational Trust, you will be able to work with esteemed colleagues at Castle Mead, Rushey Mead, Kibworth Mead and Orchard Mead, as well as colleagues in our primary schools.
• Practice is research informed in every area of work and focus on a few key priorities rather than being seduced by gimmicks and quick fixes.
Join us to be build better futures!
Closing Date: Monday 17th January 2022
Interviews: Feb – Mar 2022
Position Start Date: August 2022
Salary: Leadership Pay Scale points 4-7 (£45,434 – 49,019 per annum)
Application Pack including Job Description and Person Specification, Curriculum Leader Mathematics, Brook Mead Academy.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Brook Mead Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.