Purpose of the role:
This is a management role contributing to the strategic management and development of all aspects of teaching and learning in the Maths and English curriculum areas, and oversight of the Fashion and Media departments.
• To provide leadership and direction for learning and teaching and pastoral care of the Wellbeing, Maths and English curriculum areas, to ensure provision of a high quality learner experience
• To provide effective leadership, ensuring consistent efficiency, effectiveness and quality of service to learners
• To act as first line manager for allocated staff, ensuring that staff are effectively managed, deployed and developed and that the Academy’s strategic and operational targets are achieved
• To lead the development and delivery of an innovative and visionary pastoral care process, ensuring that the tracking, monitoring and success rates of students is effectively managed, developed, reviewed and consistently improved
• To drive quality initiatives and ensure key performance indicators are met and consistently improved through writing the SAR and QIP.
• To ensure that all student progression is tracked and monitored, that needs are identified and met by Student Services
• To contribute to the development and achievement of the Academy’s mainstream and commercial targets
• To ensure the efficient and effective management of the study programme
• To manage and develop the online ILP process, students at risk process and disciplinary tracking in your curriculum areas
• To ensure that the Academy achieves the delivery of the course file and budgeted targets and achieve the Academy’s learning strategy objectives
• To provide outstanding teaching for 12 hours per week.
• To oversee the quality of teaching, and the embedding of core maths and English skills into vocational courses
• To develop and extend relationships with key stakeholders, employers, schools and universities to ensure that the curriculum delivery meets the economy’s changing needs
• To oversee the portfolio review and self-assessment and quality improvement activities, producing an end of year SAR and monitoring the QIP.
• To ensure the maximisation of learning platforms, in line with learning and technological developments
• To lead and direct quality improvement and enhancement processes and support the quality improvement and enhancement processes within the Academy.
• To support and ensure the operation of Academy quality procedures and standards in relation to quality of learning and teaching, learner retention, learner assessment, learner outcomes, value added and staff performance.
• To drive the process of self-assessment and quality improvement, and ensure that action points are addressed quickly and effectively to derive benefits for our students and staff.
• To participate in continuous professional development relevant to the role
• To identify the requirements of staff, in order to ensure a broad skill base amongst the workforce
• To promote the Academy vision and strategic direction both internally and externally
• To provide staff with a clear vision of their roles within the Academy, ensuring that they are aware of current issues and seek their views and involvement in the decision making process
• Report progress against targets on a regular basis to your line manager and advise on learner, staff, and learning activities
• To manage the experience of learners to ensure equality of opportunity and enrichment of lives
• To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post, in keeping with the Academy's quality assurance procedures and systems
• To comply with and promote the Academy’s safeguarding policies
• To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the grade of the post, as may be reasonably required
Big Creative Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.