Curriculum Support Assistant (Inclusion) required as soon as possible at The Limes College (Alternative Provision for Sutton Schools)
Salary: Scale NJC 5 (£24,693 - £26,520 FTE), Actual £19,060 - £20,470
32.5 hours per week, term time plus five INSET days
We are looking for a strong, creative and engaging worker to join The Limes College and support vulnerable young people in Key Stage 3 and 4 who have been excluded or at risk of exclusion from mainstream education.
You will be mainly working in the inclusion room, receiving secondary aged students excluded from a normal classroom timetable and helping them to improve attendance, behaviour and progress. You will also be required to supervise whole classes during the short term absence of a teacher.
The ideal candidate will have:
- English and Maths qualifications GCSE grade A-C;
- Experience of working with students with behavioural difficulties and learning needs on a one-to-one basis or in small groups;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to maintain positive working relationships with staff, students, parents/carers and other professionals.
The school can offer you:
- Local Government Pension Scheme;
- An organisation with a clear moral purpose to change young people’s lives;
- A programme of professional development for staff at all levels;
- Small class sizes;
- Strong community spirit;
- Staff who are supportive towards each other;
- Free access to our employee assistance scheme;
- Flexible, term-time hours.
Visits are welcome by arrangement.
Closing date: Wednesday, 10 March 2021
Interviews: Wednesday, 17 March 2021
Alternative Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.