Salary Grade: NJC WHF L
Salary Band: £7,134 - £8,359 per annum
Location: Whitelands Academy
Contract Type: Term Time + (days)
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 7 June 2020
Interview Date: Monday 15 June 2020
Hours: 15 Hours per week
Start: September 2020
About the Opportunity
- Are you looking to join an all new, fresh and dynamic group of education professionals to open and lead a new Secondary School?
- Are you interested in utilising your skills of organisation; knowledge of health & safety and range of textiles and food equipment to support teachers and students in experiencing a fantastic learning environment?
Now is an exciting time to join Whitelands Academy. We are a brand new Secondary School within the heart of Bicester set to open September 2020! We have already had inspiring teachers and leaders join our team and now we need a supportive curriculum technician to take this diverse and challenging role, and shape it into the beginning of what will grow into an established team as the school capacity increases.
If you are a proactive and self-motivated individual, ideally with previous working experience within a school (though not essential) this could be the job for you! With the ability to advise members of staff and students on particular hazards and requirements in the use of equipment/materials/experiments in line with COSHH/safety/CLEAPPS guidance and confident preparing, fixing or completing monitoring checks of equipment or teaching aids within the Science and Design & Technology departments - you won't want for a varied and rewarding working environment!
Our ideal candidate will be or have
- Minimum of GCSE Grade C in Maths and English
- Competent use of ICT
- Committed to the safeguarding of students and young people
- Detailed knowledge of safe working practices in relation to the handling and usage of hazardous equipment and tools.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation as it relates to the work of the school.
- Ability to work in a food and textiles environment to support learning
- Comfortable for long periods of sitting or standing, bending and stretching and using a kick stool for displaying school work.
- Excellent organisational skills. Able to organise own workload and priorities on a day to day basis using own initiative
We can offer you
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the students in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of students with a passion for learning.
For full details on this fantastic opportunity, please review the attached job description. For more information about our exciting new Academy please do visit our website.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Cashback healthcare plan (P)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us
The WHF is a Multi-Academy Trust which supports Primary, Secondary and Special schools in the south of England. At its heart is a belief that we want to develop the type of schools that we would be proud to send our own children to. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence blended with a shared moral purpose and shared values but also with an awful lot of fun and happiness in our schools. We genuinely believe in partnership working with our schools, the pupils and their parents and the wider community each serves to create the best possible outcomes for our children.
We also believe that our colleagues are among the finest in the country and we are proud to empower them through support, training and career opportunities. With such outstanding staff we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
Whitelands Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.