Curriculum Technician in Science
Full Time 37 hours per week – Term Time Only 37 weeks
Fixed Term Contract until 31st July 2022
Starting Salary £17,089 per annum (Salary progression after 6 month probation)
Based at the Welwyn Garden City Campus, with travel to the St Albans Campus as and when required
Oaklands College are looking for a Curriculum Technician within our Science provision.
You will be supporting the effective, practical running of the department ensuring all students have access to appropriate equipment and materials and that the learning environment is positive and well ordered. You will be based in the Science department and have experience of working with and supporting students. Experience of working in an education setting would be an advantage.
If you have a genuine commitment to educational values and equality of opportunity, with a high level of personal organisation and integrity, then we would be keen to hear from you.
To be considered for this role applicants need to have the following.
• NVQ Level 3 Science qualification or equivalent.
• 2 year’s recent experience in Science department of an education establishment or industry in a specialist area.
• Ability to understand UK and College Health and safety rules and regulations
• Experience of working with young people
In addition to the above it would be desirable for candidates to hold an assessor qualification as it would enable the successful candidate to support our expansion plans in Apprenticeships.
Please refer to the attached job description when submitting your application.
Closing Date: Sunday 11th July - Early applications are advised as the advert may close before the closing date.
Interviews will take place remotely via Microsoft Teams on a date to be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Automatic entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
• High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team.
• The ability to work towards deadlines.
• The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.