Contract: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week, Mon - Thurs 8.00am - 4.00pm Fri 8.00am – 3.30pm, 45 weeks (Term Time plus 1 week)
Salary: Actual salary - £16,384.33 per annum (FTE £18,933.00)
Salary Scale: Point 4 – 8, FTE £18,933.00 - £20,493.00
Site: Thomas Deacon Academy
Closing date: 21 June 2021
Start: September 2021
Please note – the Trust may decide to withdraw the advert before the closing date or interview suitable candidates prior to the advert closing.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy
The Thomas Deacon Academy that we know today opened in 2007 as one of the UK’s first and largest academies. Whilst a building does not make a school, it is worth noting that Thomas Deacon Academy was designed by Norman Foster and Partners and in addition to our impressive main academy our beautiful 43-acre campus includes TDA Juniors - a modern, light and purpose-built Key Stage 2 facility - and expansive playing fields and sporting facilities.
In September 2018, a new extension to the existing main building led to new accommodation being created for a sixth form study centre, refectory expansion and staff professional learning centre.
Moving forward, our core purpose for the Academy is: “To ensure that each student acquires the necessary knowledge, skills and character to make a positive contribution to society and ‘thrive’ as a global citizen.”
The Academy’s core purpose is supported by our six pillars of character which provide the foundations for our TDA Way. Our character values are: Curiosity, Commitment, Courage, Compassion, Confidence and Courtesy.
In September 2019, TDA received a very positive Ofsted report, judging the academy to be Good overall. Ofsted commented favourably, amongst other things, on the overall leadership of the academy, good teaching, positive relationships between staff and students and students’ behaviour. The Sixth Form was graded as ‘Good’ and recognised as a strength of the Academy. These aspects of the academy have been maintained alongside the identified areas for development being addressed.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Data Administrator to join our dedicated Data Team. You will be responsible for supporting the production and analysis of accurate and timely data across the Academy. You will focus on processing Free School Meals and Pupil Premium information, reporting through the use of our MIS and supporting with data input and reports. You will support the Data and MIS Manager with the entry and collation of CAT, Target Data, Reading Age and KS2 Data.
The successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail and be able to support with routine data quality assurance checks.
• Have strong Microsoft Excel skills, particularly with formulae, pivot tables and graphs.
• Be able to input data with accuracy and at speed.
• Have effective oral and written communication skills with staff, colleagues and students.
• Be able to analyse data produced and provide this to relevant stakeholders.
• Have strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise work accordingly.
• Be able to work in a fast paced environment and multi task to ensure all deadlines are met.
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Thomas Deacon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.