Dubai Heights Academy is a warm and welcoming place to work. Located in the Al Barsha South area of Dubai, this is an exciting opportunity for a highly organised and dynamic administrator to join our team.
We opened in 2017 and offer an inclusive, exciting and outstanding education to an international community of students from FS1 to Year 8 and will continue to grow organically to Year 13.
The campus is state-of-the-art with separate buildings for each phase as well as a 380 seat auditorium. There are three temperature controlled swimming pools, fully equipped science and computer labs, specialist rooms for art, DT, music, and drama, a library, two multipurpose sports halls, a full size football pitch, a variety of outdoor play areas and a spacious canteen.
Dubai Heights Academy provides a curriculum that meets the needs of all of our students and follows the National Curriculum for England as the basis of its curriculum. This has been tailored to comply with local requirements and supplemented with Arabic language, Islamic Studies, Moral Education and Social Studies. In addition, Dubai Heights Academy has partnered with MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) to develop and deliver a bespoke AI (artificial intelligence) project-based programme for Key Stage 3 students, to further enrich our broad and balanced curriculum.
We are driven by an underlying philosophy captured by our school ethos of ‘Every Child, Every Mind and Everybody matters’ and believe that every student deserves the best possible education, regardless of background and ability.
We are seeking a well-organised, motivated and skilled Data/IT Manager to manage our school data/IT systems. Whilst the school is still in its infancy this role initially entails a dual responsibility for the effective running and administration of the school’s data management and the daily operational, management, maintenance and development of IT equipment, networks and systems in the school.
You will be energetic, adaptable and self motivated, possessing sound organisational and administrative skills. With a keen eye for detail, the skills to create and use effective systems and procedures, as well as a calm and empathetic nature, you will join a team of administrators whose aim is to transform the academic expectations and achievements of students who join Dubai Heights Academy.
You will work under the direction of our Vice Principal / Head of Digital Learning as a member of the school’s IT Services team.
The successful applicant will be required to have the following:
- A good level of education preferably with a relevant degree
- Experience of using a school information management system preferably iSAMS
- Strong abilities in data management and analysis
- Experience of working in the private school sector
- Excellent IT skills (management of information, running bespoke reports, spreadsheets and databases)
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Highest standards of customer relations
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Resilience and ability to stay calm when under pressure
- Flexibility to offer some evening and weekend work from time to time, as linked to the demands of the role - exhibitions, events, open days/evenings
Knowledge and experience of:
- Windows Server, Windows, macOS, iOS, Chrome OS, Virtual Servers
- Network - LAN/VLAN/switches/routers/printers
- Active Directory (group policy, profiles, scripting)
- iOS MDM configuration and setup
- Google Workspace for Education
- Chromebook MDM configuration and setup
- Desktops, Laptops, Mobile Devices and other IT/audio/video related equipment/resources
In return we can offer you:
- A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
- A collaborative and supportive attitude amongst staff which promotes a sense of teamwork and unity
- A Senior Leadership team who is committed to promoting the best environment and outcomes for staff and students
Our Compensation and Benefits package includes:
- Competitive tax-free salary
- Visa & Medical Insurance if required
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law
- Discounted tuition fees for up to two children
Interviews will take place at Dubai Heights Academy or via Zoom, should a face to face interview not be possible
Closing date for applications is Monday 15th March 2021, however interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous.
Whilst we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2021 and will be required to participate in a thorough programme of induction.
Dubai Heights Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.