Required for September 2019, a highly skilled and passionate Deputy Faculty Leader with a Humanities (Geography) specialism for our high achieving and oversubscribed school in north central Bristol. This is a permanent, full time role within our Humanities faculty.
- An inspirational, skilful and passionate teacher of Geography who understands how children learn?
- A dynamic leader, who can inspire the team to further raise standards of our students?
- Able to teach Geography across the age and ability range at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5?
- Able to teach Humanities at KS3
- A professional with excellent analytical and evaluative skills?
- Committed to continuous professional development leading to outstanding teaching and leadership?
- The opportunity to lead our humanities team within a thriving Faculty
- An opportunity to teach a range of courses including Geography to KS4 and KS5 students and Humanities at KS3
- A school that is ambitious for all children and staff
- Excellent and varied opportunities for personal, professional and leadership development
Cotham School is a multi-cultural and fully comprehensive Co-operative converter Academy. We offer outstanding professional development opportunities, a highly committed and effective staff team and well-motivated students. The successful applicant will have a proven track record of impact and high performance in their teaching and have the ability to fulfil the requirements of a leadership role.
This post presents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join our leadership group and make a significant contribution to the future development of the school. If you are a teacher who has made a proven impact in your current role with the skills, ability and passion to help our students shine, we would be very happy to hear from you.
Please ensure that you complete and return the attached Personal Details and Equal Opportunities Form separately by email; the email address is located within the 'Apply Now' section of this advert.
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability.
Closing date: 9 am Monday 20th May 2019
Interview date: Friday 24th May 2019
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK