Future Academies is looking to appoint an exceptional individual to support in the leadership of our Initial Teacher Training (ITT) programme. It is an exciting time to join the ITT sector: applications to train to teach are at an unprecedented level, further boosted by significant investment from the DfE in supporting early career teachers.
Reporting to the Trust Lead for ITT and the Governing Board, this is a senior role and represents an exciting opportunity to be part of something special, developing and supporting trainees and teachers across our MAT and beyond, and playing a significant role in influencing the outcomes of students.
WHO YOU ARE
We are seeking a passionate, engaging and exceptional teacher to join us in this exciting position. To be successful in this role you will have:
• A thirst for knowledge and an engagement with relevant research in education.
• A belief in a knowledge-rich curriculum and using evidence-informed practice in the classroom.
• A proven track record of developing and improving the effectiveness of teaching
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Experience of supporting in the development of novice teachers through mentoring and the delivery of training (desirable).
• Knowledge and understanding of Initial Teacher Training routes (desirable).
WHO WE ARE
Future Academies is a multi-academy trust of ten schools in London and Hertfordshire. As a MAT working predominantly with schools located in disadvantaged areas, our motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education), is at the heart of what we do. We believe that all young people, regardless of their background or circumstances, are able to achieve, given the right support. Therefore, we are committed to providing each and every young person under our care with a broad, balanced and rigorous education within a disciplined but caring environment.
The Pimlico-London SCITT was founded in 2013, with the aim of recruiting and training the next generation of outstanding teachers. We offer an academically rigorous and school-led ITT programme, balancing classroom know-how and experience with academic excellence and PGCE study. We are very proud of our excellent outcomes for our trainee teachers: to date, we have been judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, and have been ranked the third best provider in the country (and the first in London) by the Good Teacher Training Guide 2017.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• The Curriculum Centre. We enhance our teachers’ lessons and their teaching experience through the development of our own curriculum programmes and resources in our prestigious Curriculum Centre, leaving our teachers to focus on what really matters; the students.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, a highly successful ITT team and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
• Flexible working arrangements. We are open to applicants wishing to fulfil this role on a full or part-time basis. We will also support applicants wishing to continue a teaching commitment.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in playing a key role in helping our expanding and thriving MAT improve further, please submit your CV to register your initial interest by clicking on “Apply Now”. You will then be asked to complete our teacher application form (found on our website) and return it to us by 11am on Friday 11th of June.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.