Deputy Head Teacher
Full Time and Permanent
Salary Outer London Leadership Scale, Competitive Salary
Required for April 2020
We wish to appoint an exceptional Deputy Head Teacher with the ambition and expertise to join our existing Leadership Team to bring about our vision of creating a safe, happy and respectful learning environment where every child is encouraged to aspire to reach their potential.
The role will be focused on improving outcomes for teaching and learning and the successful candidate will be the model of exceptional teaching across the school. You will bring a proven record of successful senior leadership experience and be required to support the curriculum, raise aspirations and have a commitment to team work, as well as enhancing our excellent relationships with parents and the wider community.
We are seeking a deputy who will:
• Be proactive, creative and a strategic thinker.
• Be an outstanding practitioner, who is able to inspire, motivate and lead others.
• Have high expectations of themselves and of others.
• Foster excellent relationships with pupils, parents, staff, governors and the wider community.
• Be able to analyse and interpret data.
• Be committed to developing pedagogy.
We can offer:
• Good Ofsted in January 2019- “Staff have high expectations of the children and provide support and challenge.”
• Working within a Tri-partnership with Rockmount and Elmwood Infants
• Children who are well-behaved, enthusiastic and keen to learn.
• Dedicated staff who are committed to making a difference.
• Excellent opportunities for professional development.
• A friendly, welcoming community.
• A supportive and involved Governing Board.
• A well-resourced school.
Closing date: Wednesday 5th February 2020
Shortlisting date: Thursday 6th February 2020
Interviews: Thursday 13th February 2020
School visits in January: 22nd and 23rd (9.15am &1.30pm), 27th (1.30pm), 29th (9.15am & 1.30pm)
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post requires an enhanced DBS check. This post requires an enhanced DBS check. Downsview is GDPR compliant and is registered with the ICO.
Downsview Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post requires an enhanced DBS check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.