Start Date: September 2020
The School Governors are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head Teacher with a proven track record of excellent classroom practice who is child centred and will support our school values.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a PGCE and minimum 5 years teaching experience and experience as subject lead.
- strongly support our vision, value and faith ethos;
- have experience of leading teams, monitoring teaching and learning, and experience of successfully leading improvement and raising standards.
- be inspirational and enthusiastic and be highly motivated, ambitious and innovative;
- have attained a high level of proficiency in the core professional standards of teaching,
- have a thorough understanding of the primary curriculum;
- be analytical and able demonstrate significant impact on pupil learning in previous positions;
- have great leadership skills but also be an effective team player;
- be committed to school improvement and to the development of teaching and learning
- have experience of leadership;
- be fully committed to safeguarding children;
- be a positive & enthusiastic role models for our pupils.
Our multi-cultural and diverse community is highly valued by our families and staff and as a school we expect everyone to actively contribute to and promote our strong, positive ethos.
If you are a dynamic and inspirational leader with the capacity to grow and develop in the role, if you have initiative, constructive enthusiasm, a thorough knowledge of all key stages and the ambition to play a major role in the leadership and management of our school then we would love to hear from you.
Compensation Range – To be discussed at interview
Due to the current ongoing lock down, interviews cannot be conducted on the school site. Interviews will be carried out via Google Meet, all candidates will be required to have a live video interview with the interview panel. We would highly advise you to familiarise yourself with Google Meet, ensure your device is compatible and try to arrange for the a quiet place while the interview takes place. We would understand if this is not possible due to the current situation, however at present we can only consider applicants who can fulfil the interview criteria.
Suffah Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.