Salary Range: L7 - L11 (£49,019 - £54,091 per annum)
Required as soon as possible, from 1st January 2021, or as agreed by the Governing Body:
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher who will set high standards in all aspects of school life and must be enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about children and their learning.
The successful applicant will:
• Be a recognised outstanding classroom practitioner with a strong commitment to raising pupils’ achievements;
• Have experience teaching across the Phases/Key Stages and have experience of teaching within an Additional Needs provision;
• Show a passion for children and a commitment to developing the mental, emotional and physical well-being of pupils;
• Have the necessary interpersonal and organisational skills to lead by example;
• Have a track record of strategic planning which has contributed to school improvement;
• Have the ability to analyse school performance data effectively;
• Have a detailed knowledge of the legislation affecting schools, children and young people, including the National Curriculum/New Curriculum and the Code of Practice for SEN, Wales/ALN Bill;
• Have a good understanding of emerging technologies and the use of ICT within the curriculum;
• Have a commitment to effective integration strategies;
• The ability and commitment to work strategically as a member of the leadership team and with staff, pupils and parents and the wider community are essential qualities.
We can offer you:
• enthusiastic children who are eager to learn;
• hardworking, dedicated and happy staff;
• supportive Governors, parents and local community;
• CPD opportunities for future development.
Due to current COVID-19 guidelines, visits to the school are not currently advised. Please contact the school clerk, Mrs Karen Cross, to arrange a discussion via Teams, or phone, with Mr Gareth Phillips – Headteacher.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure check.
Closing Date: Midday – Friday, 2nd October 2020
Shortlisting: Thursday, 8th October 2020
Interviews: Thursday, 22nd October 2020
Blaendulais Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.