Start date: 1st January 2021
Hours: Full time with teaching commitments or Part time (19 ½ hours) non-class based
Leadership: £46,566 - £51,402 per annum (pro-rata if part-time) – salary within this pay range only, to be agreed at interview
This is a fixed term post to cover a secondment until 31st August 2021 or the postholder’s return, if earlier.
Due to the secondment of the substantive Deputy to another leadership post within South Gloucestershire, BHJS are seeking to appoint an inspirational Deputy Headteacher to work closely with our children, staff, governors and headteacher.
We are looking for an outstanding practitioner who will take a key role in the leadership of our fantastic school who has active leadership experience.
• Are you an experienced, talented and innovative teacher and leader?
• Can you inspire children and colleagues?
• Are you passionate about leading learning and developing school curriculum?
• Do you have clarity of vision, energy and drive?
• Are you committed to supporting mental health and wellbeing amongst children and staff?
We can offer you:
• A welcoming, caring, inclusive school ethos
• Motivated, happy and enthusiastic children and families
• Excellent opportunities for the development of leadership skills
• A friendly, committed and hard-working staff
• A fully supportive Governing body
Bromley Heath Junior School is an outstanding, highly effective, caring school with a strong track record of success where “The pupils’ attitude to their work is exemplary” (Ofsted March 2015)
Closing date: Noon, Friday 27th November 2020.
Interviews: Friday 4th December 2020.
While visits to the school would normally be warmly welcomed, this is not currently possible due to Covid restrictions. We do however welcome telephone conversations and so we encourage you to contact us to arrange this.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Bromley Heath Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.