SCHOOL NAME Cwmcarn Primary School
DEPUTY HEADTEACHER Group 2 L07 – L11 ISR
To commence after Easter 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter (pending safeguarding clearance).
Applications are invited from dynamic, experienced and suitably qualified leader for the post of Deputy Head Teacher of this improving Primary School to join the newly appointed Head teacher. The school provides education for boys and girls between the ages of three and eleven and also has a Special Needs Resource Base for learners with complex needs. We also have a vibrant nursery.
The school is located in the village of Cwmcarn with easy access from the M4 corridor.
Governors are committed to appointing a Deputy Head Teacher who:
• Has a proven record of excellent classroom practice across a range of primary age groups;
• Will lead on teaching and learning, curriculum reform and assessment of and for learning;
• Has excellent leadership and management experience with clear examples of their impact at whole school level;
• Has a clear vision and high expectations for school improvement;
• Has excellent personal and team building skills;
• Has excellent understanding of curriculum design and reform;
• Is strongly committed to working closely with governors, parents and the wider community;
• A commitment to innovation and change.
The governors will provide effective support for the successful candidate who will demonstrate a strong commitment to work closely with them to provide high quality leadership and the best possible education for children
In return we can offer:
• A strong commitment to professional development
• A school with high aspirations and a genuine opportunity to make a significant difference at pace within the school
• An opportunity to help shape the future of teaching and learning and raising standards
• A dedicated and supportive team of professional staff and governors
• A commitment to high standards of well-being for all
If having read the Job Description and Person Specification if you would like an informal discussion about the post please contact Helen Robbins, Head Teacher on 01 49 5 27 04 94
Closing Date for application forms is 4th February 2021
Shortlisting will take place on 10th February 2021
Lesson observations, if possible, will take place on 24th and 25th February 2021
Interviews will be held on 26th February 2021
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
Cwmcarn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.