Job Title: Deputy Head Teacher
Salary: Leadership 4 - 16 (pay scale to be determined based on the ISR of designated school)
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time (part time considered)
Application Deadline: 12.00 on the 21st May
Interview Date: 28th May
Start Date: 1st September, dependent on the availability of the successful candidate.
Are you driven to make a difference, making every day count for every child?
Are you an experience school leader, with aspirations to be become a Head Teacher?
Are you looking for the opportunity for development via support and CPL, that will enable you to realise your career ambitions?
If you answered yes to the above, we want to hear from you!
Work with us in our relentless pursuit for excellence, sharing in our mission to make every day count for the children within our schools. We are looking for an enthusiastic leader, determined to ensure that every child has the opportunity to reach their potential. This unique position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to be part of an ambitious leadership team in a school within the Trust, whilst growing and developing as a leader with the ultimate ambition to secure a Headship within our Trust.
We have opportunities across our trust, including schools in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. Geographical preferences will be taken into consideration at the point of appointment, identifying the right school in the right location for you. As Deputy Head Teacher you will work alongside an exceptional Head Teacher/ System Leader, who will grow and enable your development. The post holder will fulfill the responsibilities of a Deputy Head Teacher, in line with the needs of the school, with the opportunity to act-up as and when appropriate. Significant professional learning will be provided by the Trust, and the candidate will form part of our ‘fast track to Headship programme’, which is currently in development and will include a bespoke package of coaching, mentoring and CPL. Where appropriate, candidates will also be supported to access NPQH.
Flying High Trust is a growing partnership of 28 schools across north and south Nottinghamshire, Nottingham City and Derbyshire. The Trust aims to deliver sustainable school improvement; schools joining the Trust do so with the prime aim of improving each other so that they can all become exceptional schools at the heart of their communities.
As a large Multi Academy Trust, we were ranked as one of the top 5 performing Trusts in both reading and maths, with particular success in the progress of our disadvantaged pupils. A significant part of this success is due to our commitment to a professional continuum, growing and developing the potential of staff across the schools. This Trust appointed Deputy Head Teacher will form a key part of this strategy to develop talent, with the intention to invest in the candidate to enable their career ambitions to be fulfilled.
We can offer you:
- A strong role model and significant support via a Head Teacher/ System Leader
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative and cutting-edge partnership.
- A partnership with relationships at its heart, ensuring a friendly atmosphere encompassing a supportive ethos.
- High quality support via our Education team.
- Access to our ‘fast track to Headship programme’, to include coaching, mentoring and targeted CPL.
- A Trust with an established track record of high-quality education and experience of leading rapid school improvement.
- Significant professional development opportunities provided through our newly designated Teaching School Hub, including access to NPQH, Evidence informed CPD and support via our English Hub and our role with the Maths Hub.
- Opportunity for future career progression to Headship.
We are looking for someone who is:
- A consistently high performing teacher, with a passion for teaching and learning.
- Unshakable in their commitment to put children first.
- Significantly experienced in whole school leadership, with a track record and understanding of successful and sustainable school improvement.
- A school leader who has high expectations and believes that every child can achieve.
- A leader with a strong understanding of teaching and learning and curriculum.
- A leader, who will act as a strong ‘critical friend’ to the Head Teacher.
- Tenacious in their approach, with an unshakeable drive to deliver great outcomes for all children.
- Committed to professional development with a determination to grow, develop and learn.
- Flexible and willing to respond to new challenges.
- Willing to roll up their sleeves up and get stuck in.
- Able to share and learn from best practice whilst knowing how to exploit the partnership opportunities we have within the Multi Academy Trust and Teaching School.
If this is you, please get in touch! We wish you all the very best for your application.
Closing Date: 12.00pm on the 21st May
Interview and Assessment: 28th May
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.