Deputy Head Teacher
We are looking for a Deputy Head Teacher to join our family here at Talocher School in Monmouth. We provides primary and secondary education for students age 7-19 with a range of add
itional needs including SEMH, ASD, ADHD, ODD & SpLd.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a formal teaching qualification
- Be an experienced practitioner with the ability to plan, deliver and design curricula to broaden and expand the school offer
- Lead in the following areas:
- Teaching and Learning across the whole school
- Monitoring and Assessing of student Progress across the whole school
- Have proven leadership experience and be passionate about driving standards forwards across the whole school.
- Be able to demonstrate significant experience of working within a specialist SEND environment with a good understanding of SEMH, ASD and associated complex needs
- Be a dynamic, proactive and creative thinker who is passionate about achieving the best outcomes for young people
- Have a sound understanding of regulatory requirements and experience of the inspection process
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with stakeholders at all levels
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Talcoher Special School provides a varied range of learning opportunities including both academic and vocational pathways. Learning is delivered both on site and off site, where we work with a range of external partners including local FE colleges. Talocher School supports both day and residential learners and has a number of residential homes linked to the provision.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
Closing Date: 20/05/2021
Talocher School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.