Deputy Head Teacher
Salary: L10 – L15 (negotiable)
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Required for the start of Summer Term 2022.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Barley Croft Primary School. Are you ready to become our next Deputy Head Teacher?
You will join our thriving ‘Good’ school at a time of some exciting and creative developments that are innovating our classroom practice and the way we think about learning. We are dedicated to ensuring that every child matters and that everyone in our community is 'Happy, Safe and Learning'. You'll join our warm and friendly staff, led by our blue sky thinking, no limits leadership team.
We are seeking to appoint a talented, dedicated and inspirational leader who can think outside the box and add to our strong staffing family. You will lead on assessment, the curriculum, safeguarding and coaching and mentoring.
Barley Croft Primary School has recently acquired a neighbouring community centre and provides additional specialist provision in our DSP unit for pupils with SLCN.
The successful candidate will:
- be an outstanding classroom practitioner across the primary age range
- have experience in curriculum planning, development and assessment
- be a team player with a "can do" attitude
- be able to contribute to the future direction of the school in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community
- be able to identify priorities for school improvement and be committed to continue to raise standards and aspirations for all
- have high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
- be successful in furthering the existing links between parents, staff, governors and the wider community
The school will offer:
- the most amazing pupils!
- a thriving and popular school (rate good in our most recent Ofsted inspection)
- a committed staff team who collectively strive towards ensuring the best outcomes for pupils
- a commitment to your well-being and personal/professional development
- a school with moral purpose at its heart
Visits to the school by arrangement will be warmly welcomed and are recommended. Please contact the school to arrange on 0116-2359008.
Closing date: 9.00am 7th February 2022
Interview dates: w/c 21st February 2022
Barley Croft Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. The post is subject to Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks which include a declaration that neither they nor anyone who lives in the same household is a disqualified person under the Childcare (disqualification) regulations 2009 as well as other necessary checks. Barley Crofts’ governing body is an equal opportunities employer.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.