450 on roll
Age Range 4 – 11
PERMANENT DEPUTY HEADTEACHER
ISR L10 to L14
£49,937 - £55,064
Group 3 School
Required for: ASAP
The children, staff, governors and parents are eager to appoint an inspirational and outstanding leader to be Deputy Headteacher of this happy, thriving, vibrant and rapidly developing primary school. The successful candidate will play a major role in meeting the diverse needs of our learners. He/she will work closely with the Headteacher, the senior leadership team and the governors to drive the school forward to deliver an excellent education for all our pupils.
We are proud of the achievements of all of our learners and we require a leader to support the Headteacher in building upon the success of this inclusive school, which is at the heart of its local community.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional Deputy Headteacher who:
• Is caring, compassionate and committed to children’s wellbeing;
• Has the vision and presence to lead from the front, to build on good practice and positive achievements;
• Has excellent and proven leadership and management skills at a strategic and day to day level, leading to successful school improvement and increases in pupils’ standard of achievement;
• Has a passion for learning and teaching;
• Has an excellent understanding of the requirements of all our learners;
• Possesses excellent interpersonal, organisation and communication skills;
• Has a commitment to developing parental engagement;
• Is approachable, willing to share, delegate, listen and learn;
• Will be seen as a visible figure of leadership, promoting our high expectations of pupils’ behaviour within the school; and
• Keeps up to date with educational developments and initiatives and networks effectively with all stakeholders;
• Will act as a leader and ambassador of professional learning.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check.
Closing Date: Thursday 28th March 12.00pm midday
Interviews: Monday 8th April 2019 and Tuesday 9th April 2019. Candidates must be able to attend both dates.
Holton Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.