Ysgol Gyfun Tredegar Comprehensive School are seeking to appoint an excellent, dynamic, highly skilled and motivational Deputy Headteacher from January 2020. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, committed and suitably experienced person to take on a pivotal leadership position in a highly successful and supportive school. We are looking for a leader who has demonstrable experience in implementing improvements and developing practices, as well as someone who is able to inspire and motivate pupils and staff to become the very best they can be. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and experienced Assistant Headteacher who is looking for the next step in their career, or a current Deputy Headteacher seeking a new and exciting challenge.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding and experienced leader, who leads by example and has a proven track record of school improvement.
• Demand the highest expectations and standards in all aspects of school life.
• Be a dynamic, inspirational and outstanding classroom practitioner.
• Be able to lead on the implementation of evidenced school improvement.
• Demonstrate impact, creativity and high levels of personal integrity.
• Be uncompromising in their pursuit of the best outcomes for young people.
• Have a relevant and continuously developing deep understanding of what high-quality education looks like and up to date guidance on best practice for supporting pupil learning.
• Assist with the development of educational provision, assessment, curriculum design, pupil support and teaching and learning to ensure that the school is at the forefront of educational innovation.
We can offer you:
• An ever-improving school and a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team.
• An aspirational, committed and caring team of staff.
• Excellent care and support for all staff.
• Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for professional learning.
• A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
• Motivated and enthusiastic pupils who are ready and eager to learn.
Further information and application forms are attached.
Closing date: 5th June 2019 at 12pm midday
Shortlisting: 10th June 2019
Interviews: 20th and 21st June 2019
Visits to the school for potential candidates are warmly welcomed, but are not an essential part of the application process. There will be opportunities to visit on:
• Thursday 23rd May 9:30am
• Tuesday 4th June 1:30pm
Please contact the school if you would like to arrange a visit.
Blaenau Gwent County Council is committed to equal opportunities. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Tredegar Comprehensive School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.