Deputy Head Teacher L8-L12
Full time / Permanent
0.6 Class Teacher Responsibility
An exceptionally exciting opportunity has become available at The Glapton Academy within L.E.A.D Multi-Academy Trust.
Do you want to join a team that strives for excellence, never compromises creativity and enjoys dynamic and decisive leadership from a new, but very experienced, Headteacher?
If so we need you to join our team.
We are looking to recruit a new Deputy Head teacher to work under the overall direction of the Head teacher to play a lead role in implementing the Vision and Values of our L.E.A.D Academy and to establish the policies through which they are to be achieved.
You will strive to work tirelessly to ensure that children make excellent progress and reach their full potential in all areas of the curriculum whilst also enjoying carrying out the professional duties of a teacher on a 0.6 basis.
- You will have a proven track record of excellent teaching across all phases.
- You will have the ability to inspire, motivate and support our pupils.
- You will be creative, caring and absolutely love working with children.
- You will also have the confidence and desire to take full responsibility for the school in the absence of the Head teacher.
- You will have a sound knowledge of what makes an outstanding curriculum and wide experience in curriculum implementation.
- You will be an expert in effectively supporting the professional development of all staff at all levels and have energy, commitment and a huge capacity for work
- You will take a lead responsibility for safeguarding the welfare of the children within the school and a lead responsibility for child protection issues as appropriate.
- You will be positive, have a vision for 21st century education and smile a lot!
We will offer you
- The rewards of working in a Nottingham City School but in a fabulous location.
- Well behaved, enthusiastic and motivated pupils.
- A supportive, happy, forward thinking and hard-working team.
- Quality CDP across the L.E.A.D Trust.
- The opportunity to make a difference to our Academy on it’s journey towards our next Ofsted in an exciting period of change.
- Excellent opportunity for Career Progression within a highly successful MAT.
Make sure you phone Cal Hurst, the Head Teacher for an informal chat and to arrange a visit.
January start or earlier if possible.
Closes – Monday 8th July.
Interviews – Monday and Tuesday 15th and 16th July 2019.
The school adheres to the Local Authorities Safeguarding Policy. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced CRB check and proof of identity and qualifications will be required prior to the appointment being made