To commence: 6th January 2020
The Governing Body wish to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Deputy Headteacher who will work in partnership with a dedicated and caring staff, a supportive governing body and happy, motivated and receptive children. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to work alongside our Headteacher to lead this successful school where children thrive.
We are looking for a superb primary teacher who:
• Is passionate about education and about inspiring children to learn;
• Demonstrates the highest standards of classroom practice;
• Has the ability, enthusiasm and humour to lead, inspire, motivate and support colleagues;
• Has the vision, interpersonal and organisational skills to share with the Headteacher and Governors in leading and managing our school;
• Has effective curriculum leadership skills;
• Will be committed to school improvement, communicating clearly with staff, parents, Governors and the wider community.
We will offer you:
• Lovely children who are happy, very well-behaved and eager to learn;
• An enthusiastic, dedicated and caring staff;
• Parents and Governors who are committed to supporting our children and the school;
• A well-resourced, inclusive and welcoming learning environment
This post is subject to an Enhanced Check (child’s list) from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Neath Port Talbot Council is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our schools are equally committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and young people and will take action to safeguard their wellbeing.
The recruitment process for this post will be underpinned by rigorous safer recruitment assessment to ensure that children and young people are protected.
Interested candidates are welcome to visit the school, as a group, at 3.45pm on Friday 6th September 2019. Please contact the school, by emailing or telephoning.
Salary Range: L10 – L14
Salary: £49,937- £55,064 per annum
Post Ref: HRC3808/7188
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Friday, 13th September 2019.
Please note that shortlisting for this post will take place on Monday, September 16th 2019 and interviews for this post will take place on Friday, October 4th 2019 at the school.
Welsh language is not a requirement of the post. Applications may be submitted in Welsh, applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.
Blaenbaglan Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.