Learning and praying together;
being kind, helpful and hardworking.
Are you the one?
Post Ref: ED50111867
Salary £43,034 - £47,501
NOR 201 (including Nursery)
Following the promotion of the previous postholder, the Governing Body at St Mary the Virgin Church in Wales Primary School is looking to appoint an outstanding Deputy Head teacher from January 2020. St Mary’s is a successful, vibrant, dynamic Church in Wales school, expanding over the next few years to 2FE with a new school building planned to open in 2022, which reflects the diversity of the local community.
We are seeking an inspirational leader with a passion for ensuring the best for pupils, staff and the whole school community
You will …
• Have outstanding leadership skills
• Be an exceptional classroom practitioner with a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning at a whole school level
• Have the personal attributes and expertise to be a role model to enthuse, motivate and support your colleagues
We can offer you …
• pupils who want to learn and are enthusiastic about their learning;
• a school community committed to doing their best for all;
• opportunities to continue to develop professionally;
• a fantastic opportunity to work alongside the Headteacher, SLT and Governors to build on successful Estyn and Section 50 Inspections, existing good practice and help continue to move the school forward.
The Governing Body would like a Deputy Head teacher who …
• is able to contribute to the development of the distinctive Christian character of a Church in Wales school, working with and alongside St Mary’s Church, whilst giving true respect for children of other faiths, particularly Muslim, to express and explore their own faiths within a caring Christian context;
• is energetic, enthusiastic, has a lively sense of humour
• has experience of developing strategies to raise achievement at whole school level and can develop and embed change including a new curriculum, Additional Learning Needs transformation and a new school building;
• is an outstanding classroom practitioner;
• has experience of working in a fully inclusive, multicultural, multilingual school;
• is a committed team player who motivates and inspires colleagues;
• has excellent communication skills and who can work effectively with parents, staff, governors, the church and the community;
• is transparent but able to deal with constructive challenge.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
This vacancy is suitable for post share.
If you feel this is the job for you, we will be holding an Open Afternoon (2:30 – 3:30) on Tuesday 1st October 2019 where you will have a tour of the school and be able to ask questions about the post.
Please download or print off the application form by selecting the “Apply Now” button.
Alternatively, if you are not able to download a copy, you can contact Connect-2-Cardiff (C2C) or e-mail Cardiff Works for an application pack quoting reference: ED50111867 and the job title.
Please return completed application forms to:
Chair of Governors, St Mary the Virgin Church in Wales Primary School, North Church Street, Cardiff CF10 5HB by mid-day Wednesday 9th October 2019
Closing date: mid-day Wednesday 9th October 2019
Shortlisting: Thursday 10th October 2019
Interviews: Thursday 17th October 2019 & Friday 18th October 2019
Safeguarding and Child Protection are key priorities for the Council. We aim to support children and vulnerable adults to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. Our services and schools are committed to ensuring the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable adults, and will take action to safeguard their well-being, and acknowledge that children and vulnerable adults have a right to protection. This is supported in the general ethos of the Council and all schools.
St Mary The Virgin C.I.W. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.