Group: 2, Salary Range: ISR 5-12
Mount Street Junior School provides an English Medium education for 152 pupils between 7 and 11 years of age. It serves the market town of Brecon and its surrounding areas and the school is set in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park.
The school was originally founded in 1892 and was rebuilt in 1987. It provides an excellent environment for all the children. Mount Street Infants School, with whom there are close links, is situated at the other end of the school playing field, which is just across the road from the school.
The Governing Body of Mount Street Junior School wish to appoint an excellent practitioner to join a supportive, enthusiastic and motivated team.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of learning and behaviour
• Can lead on the new curriculum and has a good understanding of pedagogy
• Has a proven track record of raising standards in all core subjects and Welsh Second language
• Has a clear track record of leading on moderation and assessment
• Can demonstrate their experience in contributing to school improvement and leading innovative school initiatives
• Is able to communicate effectively between all stakeholders in a busy school setting
• Can demonstrate commitment to inclusion through examples of approaches to managing behaviour and targeted interventions
• Is able to work with the Governing Body and Headteacher to provide clear, strategic direction for the school
• Can maintain a close, positive, partnership between the school and the wider community
• Has experience of leading a school in digital competency
We can offer you:
• The opportunity and support to develop as a school leader
• A dedicated team of staff and governors
• Friendly and enthusiastic pupils
• A strong partnership with stakeholders
• Non-contact management time
We invite all prospective candidates to visit our school: please contact the school office
Mount Street C.P. Junior is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.