Deputy Headteacher Opportunity required at
HCAT Pearson Primary School
Due to the relocation and promotion of our Deputy Headteacher, Pearson Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, caring and highly motivated Deputy Headteacher with exceptional leadership qualities to come and join our team from April 2020. The successful candidate will work alongside a dedicated Leadership Team and staff that strive to ensure every child reaches their full potential.
The role is non-class based but there will be some teaching commitment for the successful applicant.
About our Academy:
Pearson Primary School is at the centre of a vibrant, diverse and multicultural community, and we have established good links within that community and with the religious organisations serving that community. The school delivers care and education for children from the age of three to eleven.
We are an inclusive and restorative school, where every member is valued and cared for. Every adult in our school prides themselves on nurturing and supporting every child; valuing everyone’s unique worth and contribution; empowering every member to achieve their fullest potential and opening a world of opportunities.
About our Trust (Hull Collaborative Academy Trust):
HCAT is a family of schools in and around Kingston upon Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire.
We are a Teaching Academy and an Accredited Sponsor; we work with a number of partners to provide the highest quality education for all children within our schools and children in schools we support.
The focus of HCAT is our children, and we strive to ensure that every child within the Trust receives outstanding teaching and learning opportunities through collaboration and school improvement.
We are proud that the Trust has been one of the top ten performing multi academy trusts for progress in Reading, Writing and Mathematics in KS2 for the last two years
Our Vision - Children First
HCAT schools are committed to identifying, nurturing and harnessing the talents of staff at all levels.
Restorative practice forms the foundation of our culture. Throughout the Trust our Staff and Children embrace this ethos and this has helped our children to thrive in a caring and inclusive environment.
The Academy Trust, in partnership with the teaching school, also offers school to school support and high quality CPD (Continuing professional development) for schools. There is a high focus on developing quality teachers for the city and developing staff and leaders through our NQT, RQT and leadership programmes.
We can offer:
• A school with fantastic children who love to learn and are committed to their community
• A committed staff team with highly supportive Governors, parents and families
• A city school with a strong commitment to inclusive practice
• A strong commitment to professional development both within Pearson Primary and our highly successful Academy Trust
• Strong networking opportunities with other schools, both within and beyond the Academy Trust
• Put children at the heart of all you do and have high aspirations for all our pupils?
• Have lots of energy and a positive outlook which inspires everyone to always strive for the best?
• Have a commitment to working collaboratively with all staff to inspire, enable and empower them to achieve high standards?
• Sustain and strengthen already strong links with the wider community?
• Think strategically and contribute to creating a coherent school vision?
• Work with the Headteacher with relentless drive and determination to raising the quality of teaching and learning and pupil’s achievement?
We look forward to hearing from you.
For further information with regard to the application process, and for an application form, please contact Mrs. Fiona Ward.
Deadline for applications is: Monday 25th November 2019 9.00 am
Interviews will take place on: Thursday 28th November 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. HCAT is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Pearson Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.