YSGOL Glan Gele
Ffordd Y Morfa Avenue, Abergele , Conwy LL22 7NU
Headteacher: Mrs Julia Buckley Jones
Chair of Governors: John Mac Lennan
Required as soon as possible
Salary: L6 – L10 £47,707 - £51,311
The Governors wish to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiatic and experienced teacher for the post of Deputy Headteacher at the above school. We are looking for a candidate who has exceptional teaching ability and can demonstrate high levels of commitment to pupil progress and the development of the whole child. We need a strong team player, with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, who is able to support, lead and inspire colleagues and children alike.
The person appointed will have:
• excellent classroom abilities
• an ability to lead staff as we move towards system wide change and curriculum reform
• experience of senior leadership
• experience of ALN and knowledge of the Transformation Agenda.
• excellent managerial and leadership skills
• the ability to help, support and develop the high standards and outstanding practice that has been established in the school
• the ability to undertake tasks and responsibilities allocated by the Headteacher
• a sound knowledge of Foundation Phase.
• an undertanding of learning outdoors
• experience of assessment for learning
• experience of close to practice educational resreach.
• experience of mentoring student teachers and supporting other mentors.
Due to the nature of the post the successful candidate will be subject
to a disclosure by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information regarding the post please contact the Headteacher
To apply for this vacancy, please visit Conwy website to apply online.
Please note the authority no longer issues application forms and does not accept CVs.
Closing date: Midday, Thursday January 2nd 2020
Conwy is committed to safeguarding - qualifications and references will be verified
If not informed within 3 weeks of the closing date, candidates must assume they have not been shortlisted for interview and will therefore not be notified in writing.
In promoting equal opportunities Conwy welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. All disabled applicants who meet the essential job requirements will be guaranteed an interview.
Ysgol Glan Gele is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.