Laceyfields Academy is seeking applications for a dynamic, creative and resourceful Deputy Headteacher to join the team from Easter 2020. This is a brand new position in the school and so it comes with a unique opportunity to create and shape the role.
Laceyfields is an infant and nursery school in Heanor, Derbyshire and has been part of the Djanogly Learning Trust for almost a year. The school is on a journey to excellence and is now looking for the right person to work with our newly appointed head to enable our journey to succeed.
We seek to create a happy, caring and challenging learning environment in which all members of the school community feel that they belong, can grow in confidence and develop beyond their potential through a stimulating, thought provoking and creative curriculum. We value and recognise the uniqueness and achievement of all members of our school community, helping every child to become successful in all areas of learning by taking a holistic approach.
We are looking for a Deputy Head, who is an outstanding practitioner, with a proven track record of success in Key Stage 1 and / or Early Years. This post is ideally suited to someone with a record of successful middle leadership experience. We are looking for an individual who can offer clear, inspirational ideas for raising educational standards in all areas of the school and who has the ability to support the implementation of a strategic vision for the school.
Our new Deputy will be someone who:
- Is an outstanding teacher and can model good practice
- Is passionate about learning and working with children
- Is ambitious for themselves and others
- Is a strong communicator with children, parents and staff
- Is a positive role model for all and leads by example
- Has a clear understanding of the needs of the school beyond the classroom
- Has experience of leading change and improvement
- Is prepared to go the extra mile within the school community
In return we offer you:
- A culture of trust, where all contributions are recognised and respected
- Children who are polite, engage well and are eager to learn
- Opportunity to be part of a brand new leadership team, working with a new head to secure excellence
- A comprehensive induction process, including support through the Trust central team, a peer mentor and ongoing CPD
- A peer network of like-minded Deputy headteachers.
- An embedded whole trust commitment to professional development
- A real commitment to work-life balance – we remember we are human beings first and educators second!
- Great employee benefits including Healthcare
If you think this sounds like you, then come and visit us to see for yourself. Visits are positively encouraged. Please contact us to arrange a mutually convenient appointment. Find out if we’re right for you! Contact, Shelley Rogers, Headteacher on 01773-712823
Djanogly Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and
expects all staff to share this commitment. All new staff with the Trust will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and all other safeguarding requirements in accordance with DfE legislation.
Senior leaders are all accredited Designated Safeguarding Leads who staff should refer any
safeguarding concerns to straight away. All members of staff will received training in line with our safeguarding and child protection policy.