Deputy Headteacher, Greenmeadow Primary School, Swindon, Wiltshire. SN25 3LW
Salary range L5-L9
Start date 1st September 2020 or at an earlier date depending on the appointment
Contract: Permanent – full time.
Do you have the drive, passion and commitment to ensure that all our children have a first class educational experience?
The Headteacher and Governors of Greenmeadow Primary School wish to appoint an inspirational Deputy Headteacher for this challenging and exciting leadership role. We are seeking a motivational leader and team player, who will build on existing strengths at our happy school, to ensure we achieve our ambitions for excellence and success at every level. Our school has high aspirations for achievement and continuous improvement.
Greenmeadow School is an LA Maintained school of 244 children located in North Swindon with easy access to the M4. We have a mix of single year group and mixed aged classes. The school is situated in pleasant surroundings within a supportive community.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- A track record of being an excellent classroom practitioner
- A passion for high quality teaching and learning across the curriculum
- Drive, resilience and determination to play a key role in the strategic development of our school
- Strong, inspiring and motivational leadership and management, with a commitment to achieving success through partnership and teamwork
- Consistently high expectations for behaviour and attainment for all
- A commitment to safeguarding children
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a range of stakeholders
- A caring, visible and approachable attitude to staff, children and parents and governors
We can offer you:
- Motivated, engaged and well-behaved children who are proud of their school
- A welcoming, friendly school with a dedicated staff team
- Committed and supportive governors
- An outward looking school with opportunities for professional development
- The opportunity to join a team who is fully committed to developing every child to reach their full potential
A pack is available for prospective candidates. Visits are warmly welcomed prior to making an application. If you would like further information, a confidential discussion, or to arrange a school visit please email the School Office Senior administrator Mrs Claire Ellson.
Closing date for applications
: No later than noon Thursday 2nd April.
Thank you for your interest in our school, we hope to hear from you soon.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions and other relevant employment checks including references.
Diversity and Inclusion
The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to relevant employment checks including references and a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions.