The Governors of St Mary’s C of E Primary School are looking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and approachable Deputy Headteacher to develop the school’s ‘good’ status and lead the school in its pursuit of excellence.
St Mary’s is a two-form entry primary school, with an onsite nursery. We currently have 438 children, aged from 3-11 on roll. The school is in Byfleet village and, as a community school, we work hard to build links within the locale, including the church, charities, children’s centre and other schools.
Our mission statement is ‘learning for life’ and this is central to all that we do at St Mary’s. There is a strong sense of community within the school and we believe that happy children achieve best.
We are looking for an individual who:-
• Is an inspiring leader who has a clear vision to develop our school.
• Has high expectations and enthusiasm for the education of young children.
• Has excellent management, communication and teaching skills.
• Will support the Headteacher with leading and motivating pupils and staff by example.
• Can actively participate in and develop further our local schools partnerships.
In exchange we can offer you:
• A dedicated Headteacher, team of staff and Governors.
• Friendly and enthusiastic pupils.
• A commitment to your career development.
• Great facilities and outdoor spaces with huge potential.
• A strong partnership with stakeholders; parents, Governors and the wider community.
We welcome you to visit our school. Please find out more details with the attached recruitment pack.
Please complete the Application Form provided, ensuring that your statement relates to the job description and required personal specifications we have provided in this information pack. In compliance with safer recruitment guidelines, CVs will not be accepted.
Your completed application should be sent by email to the School Business Manager or by post to:-
Katie Creedon (School Business Manager)
St Mary’s C of E Primary School
Applicants will be advised by 6pm on the shortlisting date whether they have been selected for an interview. Successful applicants will at this point be given a confirmed interview date and time. The selection process will involve teaching, tasks and an interview. Full details will be provided to the candidates called to interview.
Visits to the school pre-application are warmly welcomed and tour dates are available as follows:-
Wednesday 25th March 2020 @ 9.30am
Tuesday 31st March 2020 @ 9.30am
Wednesday 1st April 2020 @ 9.30am
Please contact Sarah O’Rourke to book a tour. Should the above dates not be suitable please contact Sarah to make an alternative arrangement.
Closing date for applications: Monday 20th April 2020 @ 9:00am
Shortlisting: Monday 20th April 2020
Interviews: Monday 27th April 2020