Deputy Head teacher
Leadership Scale 8-12
Starting September 2020
We have a fantastic opportunity for a new Deputy Headteacher at Castle Primary (Leadership Scale 8-12) in Keynsham, which is proud to be part of the Bath & Mendip Partnership Trust.
Castle Primary is ideally placed for those living in Bristol, Bath or the surrounding areas. It is easily accessible by car, bus, train (20-minute walk from the station) or bicycle (cycle path from Bath and Bristol).
This is an exciting time for the school and we require someone who has an enthusiasm for learning, is motivated to ensure the very best for all children, and is willing to harness the opportunities that being a senior leader in an improving school can offer.
The children, staff and governors welcome applications from prospective candidates who:
• have proven leadership qualities and the ability to inspire and motivate colleagues
• are passionate about children's learning and have high expectations of children's futures and behaviour
• can develop the school curriculum so that it excites children and provides them with the knowledge and skills to be successful in the next stage of their education
• have a proven track-record of improving the quality of education in a primary school
• have strong management, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
• are outstanding and creative teachers with proven expertise in leading teaching and learning
• are excited by the challenge of being part of a team on an improvement journey
• are passionate about improving disadvantaged children’s futures and realise that going ‘over and above’ is necessary
• are committed to working in partnership with parents to support the learning and education of their children
• are ambitious and aspiring for Headship within the next 5 years
In return, Castle Primary School can offer you:
• a real opportunity for shared leadership and the chance to make a genuine difference to the future life chances of many children
• enthusiastic and motivated children who enjoy school
• a commitment to your professional development and well-being
• the support of a multi academy trust central team and teaching school
We are seeking high-quality candidates. Pay on appointment (within the range) will reflect the individual’s experience and skills. The school is prepared to offer a relocation allowance to the successful candidate if they were to relocating specifically to take up the post.
Visits to the school are encouraged and are planned for the following dates:
Wednesday 18th & Thursday 19th March
Monday 23rd & Tuesday 24th March
Monday 20th March & Wednesday 1st April
(please contact Jackie Greenland via the school if these dates are not suitable)
Your supporting statement should be no more than two sides of A4 and should address the person specification with a focus on how you meet the essential criteria.
The Bath and Mendip Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs.
Closing date: Midday, Wednesday 22nd April 2020
Shortlisting: Friday 24th April 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Castle Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.