Leader: L6 – L10 £46,457 - £51,311 per annum – Salary within this pay range to be agreed at interview.
This is a fixed term secondment opportunity from 1st September 2020 until 31st August 2021.
Are you an exceptional practitioner and experienced strategic leader?
Are you passionate about leading whole school improvement to raise the quality of teaching and learning?
Do you desire to play a pivotal role in shaping a new vision and curriculum for a school community?
If the answer to all of these questions is yes, and you want to make a positive and long-lasting difference to the educational outcomes for children, then Christ Church Hanham CE Primary School is interested in finding out more about you.
Due to changes at leadership level, Christ Church CE Primary is now seeking to recruit an exceptional practitioner and strategic leader to work alongside the Headteacher in driving school improvement. The successful candidate will be an experienced senior leader or current Deputy Headteacher and must be able to demonstrate experience of leading the improvement of teaching and learning and possess a strong understanding of effective pedagogies. They must be able to evidence how they have used this knowledge, in their current post, to develop both their own practice as well as the practice of others in order to improve outcomes for pupils.
Christ Church is at the beginning of an exciting journey of improvement. The successful candidate will have a key role in shaping the curriculum offer in line with the school’s vision and play a pivotal part in the continual development of teaching and learning across the whole school.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they:
• are an excellent, reflective and adaptive classroom practitioner with a strong track record of positive outcomes for all pupils
• are an experienced strategic leader who is able to lead, motivate and inspire colleagues
• are creative, forward thinking and desires to work with the Headteacher to shape a new school curriculum
• are passionate about leading and developing learning
• are able to use coaching and mentoring colleagues to enable improvement
• engage with research and ongoing professional development to improve their own knowledge and understanding
• have experience of leading a core subject and/or can give examples of how they have improved the practice of others (eg as leader in own school or as SLE)
• have a sound understanding of safeguarding requirements and is a Designated Safeguarding Lead (if not already a DSL, there will be a requirement to take on the role of Deputy DSL)
In return, we can offer you:
• A caring, Christian community that is committed to ensuring that every pupil receives the best possible educational experience each and every day
• A school with a strong track record of pastoral care and support for all children and families
• Caring, confident and motivated children who are keen to learn and be challenged
• A school leadership team committed to self-improvement
• A school committed to ongoing professional growth and development
• A supportive and committed governing body
If you think you possess the knowledge, skills and qualities we are looking for, please complete an application form along with a covering letter detailing how your knowledge and experience suit our school at this exciting time. Please email your application form and letter to
Applicants must have the permission of their Headteacher and Governing Body before applying.
Christ Church CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing date : Friday 5th June 2020 @ 9.00am
Christ Church Hanham CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.