The headteacher and governors of Berkeley Primary School are looking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic, dedicated leader with the knowledge, vision, courage and personal qualities to build on the school’s achievements and successes and help us move forward in our continual journey of improvement.
The role will be focused primarily on leading teaching, learning and assessment across the school and the successful candidate will be a role model for staff and will bring a proven record of classroom success and senior or middle leadership experience. Management time is available to support the role. Berkeley Primary School is a vibrant and successful school with happy children and a hardworking and highly motivated staff team and governing body. Every individual in the school makes a wonderful contribution to its high standards, achievements and efficiency; children have fun while they grow and learn. The school is at the heart of the community with a strong reputation in the local area. Relationships with families are extremely positive and parents and carers readily support the school and their children’s learning.
Berkeley Primary School is a member of Cotswold Beacon Academy Trust (CBAT) and has a strong commitment to achieving success through partnership and teamwork.
The successful applicant will:
• be an ambitious and successful leader (as a current Assistant Headteacher or middle leader) with high expectations of themselves and of others and with the ability to inspire and lead a talented and motivated staff team
• be an excellent classroom practitioner and role model to staff, with a passion for excellence in teaching and learning, who will keep our children’s learning and outcomes at the heart of every decision
• value our children and take pride in their achievements, inspiring them to be passionate learners and realise their full potential
• understand the importance of children having fun as they learn so they enjoy their school days
• actively promote the school’s strengths and build upon its role as a school for the whole community and an active member of CBAT
• have a caring, visible and approachable attitude to staff, children and parents
• be able to analyse and interpret data and act upon their findings
• have outstanding organisation and time-management skills to ensure a healthy work/life balance
We can offer you:
• children who are eager to learn, well behaved and very proud of their school
• a highly committed staff team with an appetite for creativity and continuous improvement
• a thriving, well-resourced school which supports the whole child through a rich range of extra-curricular activities
• an active and supportive Governing Body and support from the executive and central team at CBAT
• the opportunity to develop professionally and personally within the school and the wider trust
• a real commitment to work-life balance
If you would like to visit the school prior to completing an application please contact our school office to arrange a visit.
Berkeley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointed person will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Please do not hesitate to contact Miss Alexandra Robbins (Headteacher) or Mrs Helen Cerullo or Mrs Nicki Everhard (Co-Chairs of Governors) or Dr Stuart Wilson (Chief Executive Officer of CBAT) if you wish to discuss the context of the school or the opportunities it has to offer, or contact Amanda Oxberry (PA to CEO).
Please click Apply to download an application form.
Closing date for applications is noon on Thursday 3rd September 2020
Shortlisting w/c 7th September 2020
Invitation to interview sent: Friday 11th September 2020
Interviews w/c 28th September 2020
Berkeley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.