Due to the expansion of our fantastic school from a one-form entry to three forms of entry across two sites, we now need to expand our Senior Leadership Team. We are looking for someone who will fully buy into and promote our ethos and help us on our journey of continuous improvement.
We are a wonderful school that is very much at the heart of a vibrant community. We have an excellent staff team, lovely children who always give us their best, an incredibly supportive parent community and an ambitious governing body. The successful candidate will need to be able to build positive and supportive relationships with all of these stakeholders, working together in the best interests of all of our children and staff to be the best we can be.
This is a multi-faceted role so we are looking for someone who combines a dynamic approach to their work with highly effective organisation and communication skills. We are looking for someone who is:
- An outstanding classroom practitioner and role model, bringing a wealth of teaching experience to share with colleagues
- Highly organised and able to run the day-to-day operations of one of our sites under the guidance and support of the Headteacher
- Strategic in their thinking and decision-making, able to combine feedback and data from multiple sources to support the Headteacher in determining priorities both short and long term
- Analytical and reflective, ensuring initiatives that the school develops are fit for purpose and continually improved
- Experienced in the analysis of assessment data, both statutory and internal, understanding how this feeds into decision-making and deployment of resources
- An excellent role model who demonstrates high levels of professionalism at all times
- Able to act decisively in the face of day-to-day challenges, re-prioritising on-the-spot based on new and changing information
- Fully supportive of the school’s commitment to safeguarding, acting as one of the school’s Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads
We are immensely proud of our school and welcome opportunities to show visitors what we're all about. Due to Covid restrictions, we are unable to show you around during the school day, but we will hold a number of after-school tours when you can meet the Headteacher and look around. Please call or email the school office to book your place. We ask that all visitors wear a face covering, use hand sanitiser on arrival and maintain social distancing whilst on site.
After-school tours (all at 4pm): Monday 21st September, Wednesday 30th September, Monday 5th October
Closing date: 12th October 2020
Shortlisting: w/c 12th October 2020
Interviews: w/c 19th October 2020
Southville Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced CRB check