St John’s Church of England Primary School is seeking to appoint a dynamic and innovative Deputy Head Teacher. This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious, committed and vibrant leadership team.
The ideal candidate will be someone currently in the deputy role looking for new challenge, or a highly skilled, exemplary teacher with experience at senior management level.
As a key member of our Leadership team you would be involved in managing the school on a day to day basis and be expected to take the lead in key aspects of strategic school development and the raising of standards. The successful candidate should be prepared to lead on such areas as curriculum development, monitoring of standards and teacher effectiveness, tracking and analysis of results/data, behaviour management, external relations and community links, staff development, training and induction.
We are looking to appoint someone who:
- is an outstanding classroom practitioner who can inspire, challenge, support and empower others to drive our school forward.
- can demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills
- has clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
- has a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our children
- a keen desire to support the aims and Christian ethos of this church school
We can offer you:
- enthusiastic, friendly children who are eager to learn and a joy to be with
- the opportunity to work in strategic partnership with the Headteacher and Leadership Team
- a supportive and committed Governing Body
- opportunities to further relationships and work with our local parish church and the wider community
- support and encouragement for continuous professional development
Visits to the school are greatly encouraged. Please contact the School Business Manager to make an appointment.
Closing date: 13 October, by 5.00pm
Interview date: 20 October 2020
St John's CofE Aided Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a DBS check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.