Group: 2, Salary Range: ISR 3-7
(The successful candidate may be awarded above the ISR if the Appointment Panel agree that exceptional skills and experience have been demonstrated during the interview process)
The school is currently part of a programme to transform education in the Brecon catchment by 2024. The preferred way forward includes merging three schools – Mount Street Infant School, Mount Street Junior School and Cradoc CP School- to create a new school in brand new accommodation. No decisions have been made yet and these would be subject to a statutory school reorganisation process, including formal consultation.
Mount Street Junior School provides an English Medium education for children between 7 and 11 years of age. It serves the market town of Brecon and its surrounding areas and the school is set in the beautiful Brecon Beacons National Park.
The school was originally founded in 1892 and was rebuilt in 1987. It provides an excellent environment for all the children. Mount Street Infants School, with whom there are close links, is situated at the other end of the school playing field, which is just across the road from the school.
The Governing Body of Mount Street Junior School wish to appoint an excellent practitioner to join a supportive, enthusiastic and motivated team. An enhanced paypoint could be offered to any candidate who has outstanding skills.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of learning and behaviour.
• Can lead on the new curriculum and has a good understanding of pedagogy
• Has a proven track record of raising standards in all core subjects, Welsh Second language, areas of learning including cross-curricular skills in numeracy, literacy and DCF.
• Has a clear track record of leading on moderation and assessment.
• Can demonstrate their experience in contributing to school improvement and leading innovative school initiatives
• Can communicate effectively between all stakeholders in a busy school setting
• Can demonstrate commitment to inclusion through examples of approaches to managing behaviour and targeted interventions
• Can work with the Governing Body and Headteacher to provide clear, strategic direction for the school
• Can maintain a close, positive, partnership between the school and the wider community
We can offer you:
• The opportunity and support to develop as a school leader
• A dedicated team of staff and governors
• Friendly and enthusiastic pupils
• A strong partnership with stakeholders
If you would like to make an appointment to speak with the Head teacher, please contact the school office.
Mount Street C.P. Junior is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.