Deputy Headteacher posts x 2
Camberwell Park is a Primary Specialist Support School based in North Manchester. We cater for 147 fabulous children aged 4-11 with Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Autism. Our pupils have complex needs yet their enthusiasm and real love of learning is clear.
We are ‘PROUD’ (Passionate, Respectful, Organised, Understanding and Dedicated) and these school values are evident in all that we do. We are very proud of each and every child and staff member here at Camberwell Park.
This is an exciting time for the school, with opportunities to join a new senior leadership team, at a time when the school is expanding, and we will enjoy the benefits that a new additional school building provides. Our expansion means we will accommodate 180 pupils in September, and the new building (at our Moston site) will offer a bespoke environment that caters for the needs of our most complex pupils with Autism.
Due to the retirement of the current postholders, we are seeking to appoint two new Deputy Headteachers to start in September 2021.
These appointments will enable the postholders to take a key role in developing the strategic and operational plans of the school as we continue to deliver the very highest standards of education and care. The opportunity will offer you an appealing future, being part of our growth and expansion from the start.
If you are a dynamic, inspirational leader, keen to take on a new challenge and ambitious to make a difference to the lives of our children, we look forward to receiving your application.
Each deputy headteacher will have a different focus, which is outlined in the job descriptions:
1. Behaviour Lead, Lead for pupils with Autism and Outreach support. (DHT1)
2. Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and Curriculum Lead. (DHT2)
Within your application please indicate which post you are applying for or if you are interested in both post please make this clear.
The successful candidates will be:
● committed to the highest standard of teaching and learning.
● proven and effective leaders with strong interpersonal and communication skills
● exemplary teachers and leaders who make a significant impact on children’s learning
● resilient and enthusiastic when facing challenges.
In return we will offer:
● a warm welcoming school that staff are proud to be part of
● an Outstanding school (OFSTED 2018)
● the opportunity to move the school forward as it expands
● hardworking, dedicated staff who are always child centred
● children who are enthusiastic learners and who will put a smile on our face everyday
● professional development
Shortlisting will take place on Monday the 8th March. You will be notified after this date if you are successful.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 16th March and Wednesday 17th March 2021.
Camberwell Park Specialist Support School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.